Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mothers Day and Happy 36 Weeks

This Sunday was not just Mothers Day, it was also the ever important 36 weeks milestone for my baby bump! Baby boy will be here oh so soon! I can't believe how quickly these 8 months have gone by!

This weekend we decided to drive down to Portland and watch the Trail Blazers take on the Spurs in game 3 on Saturday night. I am not sure this was a dr approved trip but it sure was fun. It was the closest game in the series so far, but the trail blazers just couldn't quite pull it off. Hubs and I are actually Miami Heat fans, but we like supporting our local teams and Portland is the only basketball team around here now.

We spent the weekend at my SIL and BIL's house in Vancouver, WA and had perfect weather. Sunday morning I had my first mothers day breakfast (delivered to me in bed, by the niece and nephew). After that we headed into Portland and strolled through the Pearl district eating and walking and eating and talking and just enjoying the sunshine.

Hubs and I both stopped in to the Nike store and bought new shoes, I LOVE mine! I'll need some cute and comfortable shoes to get me motivated after baby arrives :)

Here is my weekly bump picture (top and bottom from Pink Blush), I swear if I get much rounder, I am going to topple over and roll down the stairs!



So here is how we are doing this week, 
  • How far along: 36 weeks as of Sunday. My first Mothers Day :)
  • Baby is the size of…: Romaine lettuce, or a small melon 
  • Weight gain: 36 pounds
  • Baby Bump: So big. So, so big. Did I mention big?
  • Stretch Marks: None yet!
  • Exercise: Lots of walking and light weight lifting. 
  • Cravings: Blueberries, salad, water
  • Mood: Excited and tired 
  • Sleep: More please... Bathroom 
  • Wedding Ring: On for half the day. My fingers get swollen whenever it gets hot or when I am particularly busy so I usually take it off just to be safe. 
  • Baby Name?: All decided
  • Gender: Boy 
  • Movement: He is a mover and shaker. He particularly likes to move after I eat and when I am trying to sleep!
  • Maternity Clothes: I seem to be outgrowing all of my maternity clothes, so it's very good that I am close to b-day!
  • What I am looking forward too: Bringing baby home
  • What I miss: Sleeping through the night and real sushi!
  • Favorite thing this week: So difficult to chose just one! All the components of the nursery came and I somehow managed to put them all together while the mr. was at work! Crib is ready, rocking chair is ready, diaper changing station is stocked, closet is full and I am feeling accomplished! Hubs and I had ahhhhh-mazing massages on Friday night and then we celebrated mothers day in Portland. It was just a great week!
I hope everyone took the time to enjoy and appreciate the mothers in their lives, where would we be without so many great moms?

For those of you who entered the PPB wallet giveaway, don't forget to check and see who won!

Samantha
Flour De Lis