I'e been wanting to test out this new recipe for a while and tonight I finally got a chance. It's pretty rare to find time to get anything done these days, with baby boy having me wrapped around his cute little fingers ;)
These are pretty simple to make, they're quick, no complicated directions or difficult to find ingredients. If you're still trying to decide if you want to make these cookies, the answer is yes.
I used half coconut oil and half butter in this recipe, just for fun ;) it's a little healthier and I think makes the cookies a little softer and chewier. If you don't have/don't like coconut oil use all butter, if you want to pretend the cookies are totally healthy and therefore immune to your new years resolutions use all coconut oil ;)
Chewy Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- fleur de sel sea salt (my favorite)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter, coconut oil and sugars in bowl of electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to bowl, mix just until incorporated. Add oats and mix just until incorporated. Add butterscotch chips at the end and mix gently until evenly dispersed.
- Using a small (1 Tbsp) scoop to get even sized cookies, scoop and drop onto cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper or silpat mat. Press gently to slightly flatted cookie before baking.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies are slightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with sea salt.
Flour De Lis